Saturday, June 4, 2016

Tasty weekend summer meals




Hi Everyone, I'm not to good at this blog thing. This is my first real post. I hope you guys enjoy my stories,rants,raves, glitter graphics and recipes..But to start here is my first recipe post...I made this actually last night to have for dinner tonight. My mom put on the pasta for it and we did the chicken. It turned out really good so I hope you guys enjoy it as well! Comments are always appreciated..I will try to respond as much as I can to questions as I go.. So here it is. Enjoy!

Ps. I will add my picture for it soon!


Bruschetta topping  2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped 
1 medium red onion, diced 
1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 Tbsp canned chopped garlic, or 1 large chopped garlic clove
Balsamic vinegar, to taste
1 cap full apple cider vinegar
2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp dried basil or 1 tsp fresh minced basil leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
Enough evoo to make it moist but not dripping with oil

Combine ingredients in a glass or plastic bowl with a lid, season to taste. Allow to set over night covered tightly. 
You can add it to fresh pasta, or on top of toasted french bread 
or baguette
with butter and rubbed with a fresh garlic clove.



We also made a few chicken breasts to go with it, seasoning them with some salt and pepper and then frying them in a skillet with evoo over medium high heat, and topped them with freshly sliced parmesan cheese. I diced mine up after it had set awhile added it to my pasta and tossed it with a bit more cheese, added my bruschetta and it was a dang good dinner! 

I had some chicken for my kiddos, diced their's up and served it with the pasta with just some red sauce seasoned with some italian herbs,garlic and onion.  They really liked it. So its kid approved! 






2 comments:

  1. I'm coming over for dinner!! Save me a place at the table as that sounds delicious! Love you xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl your more then welcome any day!

      Delete